WHAT DO YOU DO?
I am a freelance writer and digital artist.
WHERE HAVE YOU WORKED?
Assistant Copywriter, Celerant Technology (November 2013 to present)
Reporter and Photographer, St. Croix Avis (June-September 2013)
Speechwriter, Alma Francis Heyliger for Senate (August 2012 to November 2012)
Anchor and Producer, Ackley Media Group
Research Assistant – The Nation Institute (May 2011-September 2011)
The Village Voice (Jan 2010 – June 2010)
The Nation Magazine (June-August 2009)
Editor in Chief/Reporter, The Banner (2006-2010)
- Fluent in MS Office on both Mac and PC platforms.
- DESIGN: I have extensive experience with Photoshop and Dreamweaver and Illustrator for producing graphics.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest, etc.
- BLOGGING: Acute knowledge of WordPress and the conventions of blogging, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics.
- VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPHY, SOUND: Trained in video and sound editing using software such as Audacity, Final Cut Pro and Camtasia.
- RESEARCH: Adept in database research using resources such as LexisNexis and Factiva.
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism (August 2010-August 2011)
Urban Reporting Concentration
College of Staten Island (CUNY)
B.A. in English, B.S. in Communications, Cinema Studies minor (August 2005-May 2010)
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Relevant Coursework: Covering City Government and Politics, National Political Reporting, Magazine Writing, Newspaper Reporting, Writing for the Media, Broadcast Journalism, Media Analysis, Political Science, Sociology, Interactive Media, Web and Graphic Design
AWARDS AND HONORS
• College of Staten Island Dean’s List Recipient 2005-2010
• Honorable Mention in the College of Staten Island’s campus-wide 2009 Inkwell essay contest.
• Award for Student Service in English from CSI’s Student Government